1. Wear a Helmet – Cycling can be dangerous and wearing a helmet is essential for protecting yourself from head injuries.
2. Check Your Bike – Before going for a ride, make sure to check your bike for any repairs or maintenance that may be needed.
3. Be Visible – Wear bright clothing and use lights and reflectors to make sure drivers and pedestrians can see you.
4. Join community – Joining a local cycling group can provide you with more enjoyable routes and can give you access to like-minded people who share your enthusiasm for biking.
5. Learn from trusted sources – Knowledge is power! Read up on cycling rules, training and best practices to stay safe and enjoy your ride.